martes, 27 de marzo de 2012

Simple installer for Okular in Windows Systems

After a few weeks of trial and error, I launched the first version of the installer for my favorite program to view and annotate documents in different formats Okular. This project arises from the need to share comments and notes made ​​in this program (stored in . Okular files ) among of other operating systems users. As you can know, Okular is a KDE application that runs in GNU / Linux. Although there are ports of KDE for other OS's it is necessary to use the generic installer KDE from KDE Windows Initiative project which installs much more stuffs. After a lot searching I did not found any standalone Okular installer, so I decided to do it myself. The hard part is that I am not a programming expert, so I've made ​​the process of identifying the software dependencies "the hard way." Probably in the following versions I can reduce the size of the installer and add the file associations. Otherwise I have tested in virtual machines with WinXP and Win7 and it works for what is needed: Open .okular. and PDF files, view and add comments etc.

Schedule the download page at SourceForge
https://sourceforge.net/projects/okularinst4win/files/latest/download

We welcome comments and aid in optimizing the installer if you have skills in it.

Enjoy it!

2 comentarios:

  1. Thanks a lot for creating this package!
    But besides a newer version than 0.13, i wish:
    - the installer should be English too, not only Spanish
    - the system's default programs folder instead of "C:\Archivos de programa" should be used
    - Okular localization files should be included (e.g. i'm using a German operating system)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. During the installation, i can´t change the destination folder (from "C:\Archivos de programa" to another) - the button "Examinar" is grey.

    I am using the Windows 8.1, in a Toshiba laptop

    ResponderEliminar